Electronics engineering two year pathway program enables students to complete the first two years Diploma & Higher Diploma at GISM Campus and transfer to the third year of the BEng(Hons) in Electronics Engineering Degree of Edinburgh Napier University (ENU), UK. Upon completion of the first year and second year, students will get the Diploma and Higher Diploma in Engineering respectively.
Through GISM Pathway programmes, students can save up to LKR. 7.2 million by studying the first two years in Sri Lanka. Students will be guided by a well qualified and experiences panel of lecturers consisting of engineers in the relevant disciplines and other professionals directly relevant to the chosen stream. Most of the lecturers are PhD or MSc qualified with years of teaching experiences both in Sri Lanka and abroad.
Higher Diploma in Engineering – first two years at GISM Campus, Sri Lanka.
Upon successful completion of Higher Diploma in Engineering, students can directly enter to the 3rd year of Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electronics Engineering – BEng.(Hons) – at Edinburgh Napier University, UK.
First Year (Diploma in Engineering)
- Computer Science and programming Fundamentals
- Principles of Electrical and Electronics
- Mathematics for Engineers 1
- English and Communication Skill Development 1
- Management Information Systems
- Engineering Principles (Mechanical Engineering)
- Engineering Laboratory Practice
- Engineering Communication
Second Year (Higher Diploma in Engineering)
- Physical Computing & Embedded Systems
- Mathematics for Engineers 2
- Electronics Devices and Circuits
- English and Communication Skill Development 2
- Management for Engineers
- Advance Mathematics
- Measurements, Control Systems and Instrumentation
- Engineering Design
This degree pathway programme prepares students to build a solid foundation in both theoretical and practical aspects of electronics engineering in order pursue a successful career in any relevant electronics engineering discipline.
- Electronic engineer
- Embedded system engineer
- Systems analyst
- Production engineer
- Hardware development (HDL) engineer
On completion of the Degree at ENU, you may also have the opportunity to continue on to further study at Masters and PhD level.
To enter the Engineering Degree Pathway Programmes, students must possess a minimum of three “C” Passes in GCE A/L or London A/L Mathematics Stream or complete the GISM Foundation Programme.
IELTS (Academic) results of 6.0 is required when transferring to the 3rd Year of the degree at Edinburgh Napier University. IELTS support programmes, Orientation programmes and visa support are provided by GISM Campus.