Electrical engineering two year pathway program enables students to complete the first two years at GISM Campus and transfer to the third year of the BEng.(Hons) in Electrical Engineering degree of the Edinburgh Napier University (ENU), UK. Upon completion of the first year and second year, students will get the Diploma and Higher Diploma in Engineering respectively.
Through GISM Pathway programmes, students can save up to LKR. 7.2 million by studying the first two years in Sri Lanka. Students will be guided by a well qualified and experiences panel of lecturers consisting of engineers in the relevant disciplines and other professionals directly relevant to the chosen stream. Most of the lecturers are PhD or MSc qualified with years of teaching experiences both in Sri Lanka and abroad.
Higher Diploma in Engineering – first two years at GISM Campus, Sri Lanka.
Upon successful completion of Higher Diploma in Engineering, students can directly enter to the 3rd year of Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical Engineering – BEng.(Hons) – at Edinburgh Napier University, UK.
First Year (Diploma in Engineering)
- Computer Science and programming Fundamentals
- Principles of Electrical and Electronics
- Mathematics for Engineers 1
- English and Communication Skill Development 1
- Management Information Systems
- Engineering Principles (Mechanical Engineering)
- Engineering Laboratory Practice
- Engineering Communication
Second Year (Higher Diploma in Engineering)
- Physical Computing & Embedded Systems
- Mathematics for Engineers 2
- Electronics Devices and Circuits
- English and Communication Skill Development 2
- Management for Engineers
- Advance Mathematics
- Measurements, Control Systems and Instrumentation
- Engineering Design
This degree pathway programme prepares students to build a solid foundation in both theoretical and practical aspects of electrical engineering in order pursue a successful career in any relevant electrical engineering discipline.
After graduating you will be well equipped to work in a number of careers including:
- Electrical building services engineer
- Power engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Engineering analyst
- Hardware development engineer
You may also have the opportunity to continue on to further study at Masters and PhD level.
To enter the Engineering Degree Pathway Programmes, students must possess a minimum of three “C” Passes in GCE A/L or London A/L Mathematics Stream or complete the GISM Foundation Programme.
IELTS (Academic) results of 6.0 is required when transferring to the 3rd Year of the degree at Edinburgh Napier University. IELTS support programmes, Orientation programmes and visa supports are provided by GISM Campus.